Friday, December 10, 2010

Sheesh, here it is almost Christmas...

Well, needless to say, I have, again, been eating (there is evidence) and not posting. Last night, however, I was commanded by my dearest to "remember how to make this!" See, I do this a lot. I make something in a panic (you know, 5-o'clock-oh-my-gosh-they-are-going-to-want-something-to-eat-AGAIN panic). I rummage through the fridge and the pantry and the freezer for something that does not need overnight soaking-thawing-growing. I thank God for my pressure cooker and pray for speedy melding of flavors and that at least 3 of the 4 of us will be willing to eat it (the 4th of 4 being required to make own PBJ).

Well, last night I made 5-o'clock panic potato soup (recipe posted separately), and it was a hit. We had in our freezer our friend's homemade kielbasa that he makes and smokes every Thanksgiving weekend, so protein-check. Hmmm, soup has carrots and celery and onions and, of course, potatoes, so veggies-check (surely some antioxidants will survive pressure cooking...?). Half a loaf of overly crusty ciabatta for dredging and dunking-check. So now I can relax until supper.

But then, my betrothed uttered between ciabatta dunks and mmmm-mmmm's "Why honey, I could eat this every week during the winter!" AACCKKKKKK!! That would mean that I have to remember how to make this!!! Okay, quick while I still have a few of those neurons intact, start writing to see if you can remember what you did!!! So, this is a lengthy way of making a disclaimer for the 5-o'clock panic potato soup...it may or may not be an exact recreation of the beloved soup I made last night. I could not find an all-night analysis lab to take my leftovers to confirm the soup DNA and print out an exact molecular recipe. But I do think the recipe that I have written here will be pretty darn close!! Enjoy!! Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment